One-off multicultural grants now available
Community organisations can apply for grants of up to $15,000 under the latest round of the Multicultural SA One-Off Grants, which are now open.
Multicultural Affairs Minister Zoe Bettison said the South Australian Government is committed to supporting and promoting South Australia as a diverse, harmonious place to live, work and raise a family.
"Our many multicultural and ethnic organisations play a significant role in realising this commitment," she said.
"These organisations promote an open, inclusive, and equitable multicultural society, where cultural, linguistic, and religious diversity is understood, valued and supported."
The Multicultural SA One-Off Grants Program provides grants of up to $15,000 to eligible community organisations that directly support and provide services to develop and strengthen culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Each year, approximately 200 community organisations from across metropolitan and regional areas benefit from these grants.
Previous grant recipients include:
- Guildhouse Inc, to fund the costs of traditional craft workshops
- Fiji Seniors Club Of South Australia Inc, to fund the costs of purchasing IT and computer equipment
- African Community Organisation of South Australia Incorporated, to fund the costs of the May Africa Day Celebration 2015
- Ethnic Radyo Pilipino Inc, to pay for the cost of material to make traditional Filipino costumes
- Radio Adelaide, to fund costs of the Welcome to Adelaide project.
Earlier this year, the State Government announced that it would triple its investment in multicultural communities, providing an extra $8 million over four years to expand cultural activities, develop community programs and improve infrastructure.
Applications for the latest round close on Friday, 30 October.
To apply, or for further information including the grant guidelines, visit the Multicultural SA website at www.multicultural.sa.gov.au/grants/multicultural-grants-scheme or call 1300 239 468.