- Affordable Living
- Australian Service Excellence Standards
- LGBTIQ Inclusion
- Metropolitan Aboriginal Youth and Family Services
- Northern Connections
- Results-Based Accountability
- STARservice Development Program
- Stronger Together Commitment
- Thriving Communities
- Concessions and Support Services
- Volunteer with DCSI
- Grants for organisations
Concessions and Support Services
Concessions and Support Services
Level 4, 44 Pirie St, Adelaide SA 5000
GPO Box 292, Adelaide SA 5001
Phone: +61 8 8226 7619
Fax: +61 8 8226 7047
Concessions and Support Services is part of Corporate Services and undertakes the:
- development of quality integrated low income support services across South Australia, including the coordination and management of service development and evaluation strategies that contribute to the non housing aspects of the Cabinet Affordable Living Strategic Priority;
- creation and maintenance of partnerships across the Department, State, Local and Australian Governments, non-government providers (both not-for-profit and for profit) service users and communities to further the Department's goals for community engagement and regional development;
- negotiation of major business contracts and service level agreements in accordance with government legislation, policy and audit obligations;
- leadership of direct services to the community through the State Government concessions program, GlassesSA, Funeral Assistance Program, Personal Alert Rebate Scheme and the Companion Card Program;
- leadership in service planning and development of designated national and state-wide problem gambling programs, services and projects, including policy development that impacts across government and the community of SA;
- lead in the delivery of quality interpreting and translating services;
- lead in DCSI Strategic and Business Planning.
ConcessionsSA provide a range of concessions to eligible South Australians. Concessions include Cost of Living Concession, water and sewerage rates, the Emergency Services Levy (fixed property); energy, Medical Heating and Cooling, Emergency Electricity Payment Scheme and concessions on public transport travel. Assistance is also provided through the Funeral Assistance Program, GlassesSA, Companion Card Scheme and the Personal Alert Systems Rebate Scheme.
Policy develops and reviews policy and legislation for concessions, support services and hardship provisions. Concessions include energy, water, sewerage, Cost of Living Concession, Medical Heating and Cooling, the Emergency Services Levy (fixed property) and public transport; Funeral Assistance Program, GlassesSA, Companion Card Scheme, Personal Alert Systems Rebate Scheme, Emergency Electricity Payment Scheme; hardship policy for water and sewerage services. Administers the State Emergency Relief Fund, SERF Committee and DCSI Extreme Heat Policy and Plan.
Business Support Services
Business Support Services provides efficient and effective administrative business support services for all Concessions and Support Services teams. Responsible for an efficient and effective financial and accounting support service. Manages human resource support services and Health and Safety requirements for staff of Concessions and Support Services. Manages physical resources and assets. Provides information technology and records management support services.
Office for Problem Gambling
Office for Problem Gambling administers the Gamblers Rehabilitation Fund, which was established in 1994 to fund programs and initiatives that aim to minimise problem gambling and offer services to those affected by a gambling problem. Funding is provided for state-wide Gambling Help Services, the 24/7 Gambling Help Line (1800 858 858), community education programs, research and data and information management.
Interpreting and Translating Centre (ITC)
Interpreting and Translating Centre provides comprehensive, high quality, efficient, confidential and professional interpreting and translating services. With 40 years' experience, the Centre has developed linguistic and technical expertise in over 100 languages and dialects. ITC has extensive knowledge of the interpreting and translating field, particularly in South Australia, and is highly focused on understanding each client's individual requirements and providing quality services and products in a timely manner.
Strategic Planning and Improvement
Strategic Planning and Improvement leads DCSI Strategic and Business Planning. Ensures a high quality and consistent approach to DCSI and YCO planning, administration, monitoring and reporting. Develops and implements continuous improvement models and strategies to enhance business performance. Manages YCO governance in support of the Executive Director, Directorates and Business Units. Ensures effective and efficient operations of the Executive Director's Office. Responsible for supporting operations associated with the Community Visitors Scheme.