- Affordable Living
- Australian Service Excellence Standards
- LGBTIQ Inclusion
- Metropolitan Aboriginal Youth and Family Services
- Northern Connections
- Southern Connections
- Results-Based Accountability
- STARservice Development Program
- Stronger Together Commitment
- South Australian Not-for-Profit Funding Rules and Guidelines (SANFRAG)
- Place-based approach
- Thriving Communities
- Concessions and Support Services
- Volunteer with DCSI
- Grants for organisations
Northern Connections helps to strengthen northern communities in alignment with the State Government’s Northern Economic Plan and Together SA’s Together in the North initiative.
Northern Economic Plan
The Department of State Development developed ‘Look North’, the Northern Economic Plan, that provides collaborative directions for businesses and government to offset job losses caused by the end of automotive manufacturing in the northern suburbs.
The Plan’s ‘Strategic Direction 2 – Thriving Communities’ emphasises the importance of teaching people the skills they need to cope with adversity under the following areas:
- early childhood development
- education and training
- Automotive Workers in Transition Program changes
- housing and public spaces
- wellbeing and resilience
- building a positive image of the region.
Together in the North
Together in the North consists of over 20 government, community sector and business partners working together in four working groups to improve the wellbeing of children and young people in the City of Playford. It is a collective impact initiative.
The Together in the North: Action Plan 2017 outlines the ways Together SA will help local children and young people become happy, healthy, ready for today and ideally positioned for the future.
Throughout 2017, Together in the North will distribute $50,000 worth of local grants to improve community engagement.