- Contacts and locations
- Engagement and consultation
- Policies and guidelines
- Publications and resources
Access and inclusion plans
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 to 2018
- Our vision - Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
- Disability access and inclusion context
- South Australians living with disability
- Departmental profile - staff with disability
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan outcomes
- Outcome 1: inclusive and accessible communities
- Outcome 2: economic security and employment
- Outcome 3: rights protection, justice and legislation
- Outcome 4: personal and community support
- Outcome 5: learning and skills
- Outcome 6: health and wellbeing
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan development and implementation
- ASSIST Therapy Services
- Child and Youth Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Moving On Program
- Office of the Senior Practitioner
ASSIST Therapy Services
ASSIST Therapy Services supports adults with disability in South Australia. Our multi-disciplinary team supplies a full, responsive and innovative service to each person.
ASSIST Therapy Services can work with you to improve your:
- ability to communicate with others
- mobility and movement
- independence in daily life
- mental health and wellbeing
- eating, drinking and nutritional health.
Solutions may include treatment programs from one of a team of health professionals, or standard or specialised equipment.
ASSIST Therapy Services expertise
Our staff include:
- occupational therapists
- speech pathologists
- allied health assistants.
We are experienced and specialised health professionals who have worked with people with disability for many years, and we:
- use the latest evidence-based techniques
- value your knowledge and understanding of your disability
- help identify and build on your strengths
- work with you and your family to develop solutions to achieve your goals.
ASSIST Therapy Services provides training and support to carers and families to minimise work health and safety risks so they can support you to function as independently as possible.
ASSIST Therapy Services therapists prescribe standard and specialised equipment through the Domiciliary Equipment Service.
If you already receive funded services, contact your local service coordinator, case manager or accommodation manager who can refer to ASSIST Therapy Services on your behalf. The appropriate health professional in the ASSIST Therapy Services team will contact you to make an appointment.
Phone the Referrals Enquiry Line on 1300 745 477 or email DCSIDisabilityASSISTreferrals@sa.gov.au to contact us directly. A referral officer or therapist will discuss how we can work together to achieve your goals.
Services can be provided in your home or at one of our centres, one-to-one or in a group:
- ASSIST Therapy Services North and ASSIST Therapy Services Central at 11 Blacks Road, Gilles Plains SA 5086
- ASSIST Therapy Services South at Level 1A, 103 Fisher Street, Fullarton SA 5063.
If you don't yet receive funded assistance, you will need to apply for disability services and support.
Where we can assist
Our three teams - north, central and south - directly support people in metropolitan and greater Adelaide area. ASSIST Therapy Services also has occupational therapy, speech pathology and physiotherapy student clinics in the southern and central teams.
We liaise with and provide advice and professional support to therapists in country regions.
We manage the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (APY) Lands Allied Health Service - a visiting physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology service to the APY Lands. This service is for adult Anangu people with disability and those who are elderly.
Contact ASSIST Therapy Services
Phone 1300 745 477 or +61 8 8266 5260
Contact Disability Information Service
Phone 1300 786 117 (9.00 am to 5.00 pm)