- Contacts and locations
- A to Z information and resources
- Accommodation Services
- Centre for Disability Health
- Continence Resource Centre
Dignity in Care Principles
- Zero tolerance of all forms of abuse - principle 1
- Support with respect - principle 2
- Personalised care - principle 3
- Enable people to maintain independence - principle 4
- Listen to and support people to express their needs and wants - principle 5
- Respect people's privacy - principle 6
- Receive complaints without retribution - principle 7
- Engage with family members and carers - principle 8
- Confidence and positive self-esteem - principle 9
- Alleviate people’s loneliness and isolation - principle 10
- Independent Living Centre
- Publications and resources
Safe work instructions
- Rolling and repositioning a person
- Use of a slide sheet - moving a person side-to-side
- Use of a slide sheet - moving a person up a bed
- Bed to shower trolley transfer
- Use of a ceiling hoist to lift a person from bed to chair
- Use of a portable hoist to lift a person from bed to wheelchair or chair
- Assisting a person to shower using mobile shower chair
- Lie to sit transfer
- Use of a wheelchair
- Repositioning a person in a wheelchair
- Use of a stand lifter
- Performing a stand transfer with a person
- Assisting a person to walk
- Assisting a person from the floor with aid of chairs
- Use of a portable hoist to lift a person from the floor
- Assisting a person into a vehicle
The mission of Accommodation Services is to provide personalised, first-class services that empower people with disability as equal citizens to exercise choice, control and maximise their opportunities in life. Our goal is to ensure the people we support have a fair go in life.
Disability Accommodation Services provides supported accommodation and lifestyle or pre-vocational support to eligible people through:
- community-based supported accommodation services
- campus-based services including Strathmont Centre and Highgate Park
- aged care services at Northgate and Highgate
- services during the day (for example, day options and pre-vocational activities)
- after-hours services, including crisis response and emergency services (phone 8372 1414 for emergency after-hours support).
In addition, a wide range of non-government supported accommodation, employment, community access and day options services are available throughout South Australia
Accommodation Services commitment
We are committed to maintaining the safety and wellbeing of the people we support.
Our focus is on quality of life, maximising independence and personal skills development.
We involve residents in decisions about them, encourage participation in local communities and support the involvement of family and friends.
Our services are targeted mostly to people with high or complex needs.
Learn about disability support, including assessment and eligibility.
Contact the Disability Information Service for general enquiries and information about disability services and support in South Australia.
- Phone 1300 786 117 (9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
- Email email@example.com
Visit your local disability office.