Tenders open for program to help families
South Australian community groups and members of the non-government sector are being encouraged to tender for a program to strengthen and help families.
Minister for Communities and Social Inclusion Tony Piccolo said tenders were now open for the Family and Community Development Program.
"The Family and Community Development Program helps families with children, young people and individuals – especially those who are vulnerable or at risk," he said.
"It's a program that can help make a significant, positive difference in the lives of vulnerable South Australians.
"In the past, programs funded through the Family and Community Development Program have included family and parenting support, youth programs, neighbourhood development programs and support for South Australians on low incomes.
"This year, we expect to invest nearly nine-million-dollars in programs that will help support some of our most vulnerable and disadvantaged through the Family and Community Development Program."
Mr Piccolo said that after an extensive review, new guidelines have been developed for the program, with funding now to be provided that is:
- targeted to ensure maximum benefit for recipients;
- based on need;
- can enable or assist service delivery in local areas of significant need;
- foster collaboration between the community sector and also government services;
- support and link with other State and Commonwealth Government department plans, programs and funded programs in this field; and
- integrate with other relevant services being delivered in a local area or to a client group.
Tenders close at 3pm on Friday, 2 August, 2013, with details available from www.tenders.sa.gov.au
An industry briefing will be held on Monday, 8 July, from 9:30-11:30am at the Education Development Centre, Milner Street, at Hindmarsh.
For further information about the tender, or to RSVP to the industry briefing, please email Jessica.Cabban@dcsi.sa.gov.au